After the successful launch of STUDSAT-1, the team is continuing the legacy of STUDSAT- 1 with STUDSAT – 2, India’s First Twin Satellite Mission which aims to demonstrate Inter-satellite Communication and increasing temporal resolution for remote sensing applications.
The STUDSAT-2 consists of two Nano-Satellites each weighing approximately 10kgs with dimensions of 30 x 30 x 20 cm. The satellites will be hosted with high resolution CMOS cameras. The Master and the Slave satellites are in along-the-track constellation architecture.
STUDSAT provides the students an excellent opportunity to have hands-on experience on design, fabrication and realisation of a space mission at a low cost.
The consortium of STUDSAT-2 consists of following Engineering institutions affiliated to Visveswaraya Technological University (VTU):
i. Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology (Lead Institution), Bangalore
ii. M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
iii. R N S Institute of Technology, Bangalore
iv. NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte
v. Sri Sidhartha Institute of Technology, Tumkur
vi. Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology, Bangalore
vii. Sidaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
1. To prove the concept of Inter-satellite Communication with twin nano satellites
2. To improve temporal resolution by imaging a common region and transmit to the GS using twin satellites
1. To demonstrate an efficient means of Solar Panel deployment
2. To demonstrate the satellite separation mechanism
3. To create a modular architecture of small-satellite which can be used in future missions
4. To demonstrate a successful inter-state, inter-university, inter-disciplinary and inter-departmental co-operation and co-ordination.
5. To promote space technology in educational institutions and encourage research and development in miniaturized satellites.
6. To bridge the gap between academic institutes, research organizations and industries.
1.Mass: approx. 10kgs
2.Dimensions :30* 30 *20 cms
3.Payload: CMOS Camera
4.Resolution: 80 meters
5.Data Rate: 9600 bps at 435Mhz Amateur Band
6.Pointing Accuracy: less than 1 degree.
7.Main Controller: 32 – Bit ARM Cortex Controller
8.Power Margin: 50 %
9.Battery: Lithium Ion
10.ISL: S-band (2.4 GHz)